A Special Experiance by Munsi Premchand Hindi Explanation


A Special Experiance  -by Munsi Premchand 

 They gave him a year's hard labour for it . For such a trivial offence three days ago , on a hot May afternoon , he'd gone and served sherbet and pan to the political agitators . I was in court at the time . Outside the courtroom , the political passion of the entire town's populace seemed to be lashing its tail and howling like a ferocious caged creature . They dragged him in handcuffed . Suddenly , pin - drop silence . But there was a maelstrom in my head , and I felt as if I was melting away into nothingness . Turbulent waves of sensation swept ceaselessly over my horripilating body . I had never felt so proud in my life before .
उन्होंने इसके लिए  उसे एक वर्ष का कठोर कारावास दे दिया । तीन दिन पूर्व एक ऐसे छोटे - से अपराध के लिए कि मई के गर्म दोपहर मे  उसने जाकर राजनीतिक आन्दोलनकारियों को शर्बत व पान दिया था । मैं उस समय अदालत में थी  अदालत के कमरे के बाहर पूरे कस्बे की जनता का राजनीतिक जोश पिंजड़े में कैद खतरनाक पशु की भाँति पूँछ पटक रहा और गुर्रा रहा था । वे उसे हथकड़ी में घसीट कर ले गये एकाएक सन्नाटा छा गया । लेकिन मेरे सिर में एक बवंडर उठ रहा था और ऐसा लग रहा था जैसे मैं पिघलकर समाप्त होती जा रही थी । मेरे रोंगटे खड़े हुए थे , और मेरे शरीर के ऊपर से तूफानी लहरों की सनसनी थपेड़े मार - मार कर जा रही । अपने जीवन में मुझे पहले कभी इतने गर्व का अहसास नहीं हुआ था ।





I had this strange reaction of contempt for the court , for the British officer pompously ensconced in his chair and for the police constables in their zari embroidered red turbans . I wanted to rush forward and touch the feet of my husband and sacrifice my life for the cause he espoused . He was a calm , confident , radiant , resolute deity . No weakness , no gloom , no touch of grief . Rather on his lips there played mind - ravishing , energising flicker of a smile . A year's hard labour for this petty offence ! What a mockery of justice ! What an altar ! And what a sacrifice ! I was inspired to commit a hundred such petty offences .
मेरे अन्दर अदालत के प्रति ऐसी विचित्र घृणास्पद प्रतिक्रिया बन गई ; ऐसी ही प्रतिक्रिया आराम से कुर्सी में शान से बैठे हुए अंग्रेज अफसर के प्रति , और ऐसी ही प्रतिक्रिया जरी के काम से सजे हुए लाल साफे बँधे हुए पुलिस के सिपाहियों के प्रति बन गई थी । मैं आगे दौड़कर अपने पति के चरण स्पर्श करना चाहती थी तथा मेरी इच्छा थी कि उनके द्वारा अपनाए गए कार्य के लिए अपना जीवन न्यौछावर कर दूँ । वे एक शान्त विश्वास से भरे हुए , तेजस्वी व दृढ़ देवता थे । वे हर प्रकार की कमजोरी , उदासी व दु : ख से परे थे । बल्कि उनके होठों पर एक मनोहारिणी मुस्कराहट की शक्तिदायिनी झलक खेल रही थी । इस मामूली से अपराध के लिए एक वर्ष का कठोर कारावास । न्याय का कैसा उपहास था ! क्या बलिवेदी थी ! और क्या बलिदान था ! मैं इस प्रकार के सौ छोटे अपराध कर डालने के लिए प्रेरित हो गई थी । - - !




My husband glanced fleeting in my direction as they led him away . I saw him smile faintly and then his expression became stern . After returning from the court I ordered five rupees worth of sweets and fed the freedom fighters . That evening I participated for the first time a political meeting organised by the Indian National Congress . I actually addressed the members and pledgd to follow satyagraha . I felt a surge of power within me ; I had no idea of the source of this incredible power . When all is lost , what is there to fear ? Surely the Creator couldn't have a worse calamity in store for me .
The next day I sent off two telegrams --one to my father , another to my father - in law . My father - in - law subsisted on a pension and my father had a high post in the Department of Forestry . A whole day passed - no reply . Another day and still no word . The third day , letters from both of them . Furious letters .
जब वे लोग मेरे पति को ले जा रहे थे तो उन्होंने मेरी ओर एक उड़ती हुई सी नजर डाली । मैंने देखा कि वे हलके से मुस्कराये और फिर उनकी मुद्रा कठोर हो गई । अदालत से लौटने के बाद मैंने पाँच रुपये की मिठाई मँगवाई और स्वतन्त्रता सैनिकों में बाँट दी । उस शाम को मैंने पहली बार भारतीय राष्ट्रीय कांग्रेस द्वारा संगठित एक सभा में भाग लिया । मैंने सदस्यों को वास्तव में सम्बोधित किया और सत्याग्रह को जारी रखने का वचन दिया । मुझे अपने अन्दर शक्ति की एक लहर उठती हुई प्रतीत हुई । उस उमड़ती हुई महाशक्ति के स्रोत के बारे में मुझे कुछ भी पता नहीं था । जब सब जा चुका हो तब फिर डरने का कौन - सा कारण शेष रह जाता है ? वास्तव में इससे भी अधिक बुरी और कौन - सी बात भगवान मेरे लिए बचाकर रख सकता था ? अगले दिन मैंने दो तार भेजे - एक अपने पिताजी को और दूसरा श्वसुर को । मेरे श्वसुर पेन्शन पर जीवन निर्वाह करते थे , और मेरे पिताजी वन विभाग में एक ऊँचे पद पर थे । एक पूरा दिन बीत गया कोई उत्तर नहीं आया । एक और दिन व्यतीत हो गया और फिर भी कोई खबर नहीं । तीसरे दिन दोनों के पास से पत्र आये । क्रोध से भरे हुए पत्र । 





My father - in - law wrote : “ Here was I thinking I could depend on the two of you to care for me in my old age . How sorely you've disappointed me . What do I do now - go out with a begging bowl ? All I have is a small Government pension , and that will be cut off too if they find I'm siding with you . " My father's tone was milder , but his intention was similar . This was his year of grade and increment . He could be hauled up and his promotion stopped .
मेरे श्वसुर ने लिखा था : “ मैं तो सोच रहा था कि अपने बुढ़ापे में मैं तुम दोनों पर अपनी सेवा के लिए निर्भर रह सकूँगा । किन्तु तुम लोगों ने मुझे कितनी दु : ख - भरी निराशा दी है । अब मैं क्या करूँ ? भीख माँगने का एक कटोरा लेकर निकल जाऊँ ? मेरा तो सब कुछ यही छोटी - सी सरकारी पेंशन है और यदि उन लोगों को पता चल गया कि मैं तुम्हारा पक्ष ले रहा हूँ तो यह भी समाप्त कर दी जायेगी । " मेरे पिताजी का स्वर कुछ नरम था , किन्तु उनका इरादा बहुत कुछ वैसा ही था । उस वर्ष उन्हें नया वेतनमान व वेतन - वृद्धि प्राप्त होने वाली थी । उन्हें घसीट दिया जा सकता था और उनकी पदोन्नति रोकी जा सकती थी ।



Yes , both were ready to give me verbal support , as much as I wanted . I tore the two letters up and decided that I would never write to them again . O selfishness ! What a marvellous maya you weave on human beings ! His own father , always thinking of himself , so heartless towards his own son ! My father - in - law , so indifferent to his own daughter - in - law ! ' And to learn all this at so young an age - I have a whole world of wonders waiting for me .
हाँ , मेरी इच्छा के अनुसार भरपूर शाब्दिक सहारा देने के लिए दोनों तैयार थे । मैंने दोनों पत्र फाड़ दिये और तय कर लिया कि मैं उनको आगे कभी पत्र नहीं लिखूगी । अरे स्वार्थ ! तूने मनुष्यों पर कैसा अद्भुत मायाजाल डाल रखा है । मेरे पति का स्वयं का बाप , सदैव अपने ही बारे में सोचता रहता है , अपने स्वयं के बेटे के लिए कितना निर्दयी हो रहा है । मेरा श्वसुर अपने स्वयं की पुत्रवधू के प्रति कितना उदासीन ! और यह सब इतनी छोटी उम्र में महसूस करा दिया जाना । दुनिया के सारे आश्चर्य मानों मेरी प्रतीक्षा कर रहे थे । 



Till this happened I was caught up in my own little world of domestic business , but now this new problem cropped up . Without help or support , with no male in the house , how would I manage ? But where could I possibly go ? If I could have taken a job . But
 the fetters of femininity shackled my feet . All I could do was look pretty and sweet . I was a woman , that's all . It didn't matter if I died in the process , but my femininity had to be preserved at all costs . Not one flicker of a scandalous eyebrow could be raised against that , oh no .
इस घटना के होने तक मैं अपनी गृहस्थी की छोटी - सी दुनिया में ही मग्न थी , लेकिन अब यह नई समस्या पैदा हो गई थी । बिना किसी सहायता या सहारे के , घर में बिना किसी पुरुष के मैं किस प्रकार सब कुछ सम्हाल पाऊँगी ? किन्तु मैं जा भी कहाँ सकती थी ? यदि मैंने पुरुष के रूप में जन्म लिया होता तो मैं कांग्रेस में जा सकती थी । मैं नौकरी कर सकती थी । किन्तु मेरे पैरों में स्त्रीत्व की जंजीरें पड़ी हुई थीं । मेरे लिए तो साज - शृंगार और मधुर व्यवहार ही अन्तिम सीमा थे । मैं एक स्त्री थी और यही सब कुछ था । यदि इस दशा में मैं मर भी जाती तो कोई बात नहीं थी , किन्तु हर कीमत पर मेरे स्त्रीत्व की सीमा सुरक्षित रहनी चाहिए थी । उसके विरुद्ध बदनामी की कोई बात भी खड़ी नहीं होनी चाहिए ।





: I heard footsteps . I looked down . There were two men standing below . I felt like asking , who are you ? What do you want ? and then it occurred to me ; What right have I ? It's a public thoroughfare . Anyone has the right to stand there . I had a sudden premonition of fear which refused to go . It rankled in my heart like a persistent ember . My body seemed to be burning . I bolted the door from the inside . There was a large knife in the house ; this I placed under my pillow . But the fear kept haunting me , as if parading around the bed .
A voice called . I shivered ; my hair stood on end . I placed one ear to the door ; someone was rattling the bolt . My heart started pounding . Those two ! What are they up to ? What do they want from me ? It was all so eerie . I did not open the door ; instead I shouted from the window , " Who's rattling at the door ? ”
.. मैंने पैरों की आहट सुनी , मैंने नीचे झाँका । दो व्यक्ति नीचे खड़े हुए थे । मेरा मन किया कि पूछ् , " तुम कौन हो ? तुम क्या चाहते हो ? " और तब मुझे ख्याल आया : मुझे क्या अधिकार है ? यह तो एक आम रास्ता । इस पर खड़े रहने का अधिकार सबको है । मुझे एकाएक डर की आशंका हुई जो गई नहीं । वह मेरे दिल में एक सुलगते हुए अंगारे की भाँति पीड़ा देती रही । ऐसा लगा मानो मेरा शरीर जल रहा था । मैंने अन्दर से दरवाजे की चटखनी बन्द कर ली । घर में एक बड़ा चाकू था , वह मैंने अपने तकिये के नीचे रख लिया । फिर भी भय ने मेरा पीछा नहीं छोड़ा । लगा जैसे वह मेरे चारों तरफ घूम रहा हो । किसी ने पुकारा , मैं सिहर उठी । मेरे रोंगटे खड़े हो गए । मैंने दरवाजे से कान लगा दिया , कोई कुण्डा खटखटा रहा था । मेरा दिल जोर - जोर से धड़कने लगा । वे दोनों ! क्या करने का इरादा था उनका ? वे मुझसे क्या चाहते थे ? सब कुछ बड़ा भयानक था । मैंने दरवाजा नहीं खोला ; बल्कि मैंने खिड़की में से पुकारा , " दरवाजा कौन खटखटा रहा है ? " 




The reply calmed me . My fear vanished . It was Babu Gyan Chand , my husband's best friend . I went down and opened the door . There was a lady with him , his wife . She was older to me ; this was her first visit to my house ; I touched her feet . It was men who made friends in our way of life ; women observed the formalities .
उत्तर पाकर मैं आश्वस्त हुई । मेरा भय अदृश्य हो गया । वे मेरे पति के सबसे अच्छे मित्र बाबू ज्ञानचन्द थे । मैं नीचे गई और दरवाजा खोल दिया । उनके साथ एक महिला , उनकी पत्नी थीं । वे मुझसे बड़ी थीं , मेरे घर में वे पहली बार आई थीं , मैंने उनके चरण स्पर्श किए । ये तो पुरुष ही होते हैं जो अपने जीवन की राह में मित्र बना लिया करते हैं । महिलाएँ तो केवल औपचारिकता निभाती हैं ।





I showed both the way up . Gyan Babu was a school teacher , a learned , large hearted , utterly malice - free man . Today his wife had taken him in two . A well - fleshed lady , amply endowed , with a commanding queenly presence ; larded with jewellery from top to bottom ; no great beauty by any stretch of imagination but an imperious figure all right . Had I had met her in any other context I might have ignored her . But at that moment she appeared to be the very embodiment of self - confidence . Her looks belied her - flint outside , gold inside .
मैं दोनों को ऊपर ले आई । ज्ञान बाबू किसी स्कूल में अध्यापक थे । वह एक विद्वान , विशाल हृदय और हर प्रकार की बुराई से शून्य व्यक्ति थे । आज उनकी पत्नी उन्हें खींच लायी थी । वह स्वस्थ शरीर वाली , काफी सुन्दर और एक महारानी के से व्यक्तित्व वाली महिला थीं , वह सिर से पैर तक जवाहरात से सजी थीं , कल्पना की उड़ान के अनुसार सुन्दर तो वह नहीं थीं किन्तु उनका व्यक्तित्व रौब - दौब से भरपूर था । किन्तु इस समय वह आत्म - विश्वास की साक्षात् अवतार प्रतीत हो रही थीं । उनकी दृष्टि बता रही थी कि वह बाहर चकमक पत्थर की तरह और भीतर से स्वर्ण की तरह थीं ।





Did you write home ? " she inquired hesitatingly . “ Yes , " I replied . “ Anyone coming to fetch you ? " " No , My father doesn't want me . My father - in - law doesn't want me . " " What do you plan to do ? ” " Nothing . Pass my days here , I suppose . " " Come , stay with us . I won't let you live alone here . " " There are two police detectives loitering around here . " " I guessed as much . " Gyan Babu glanced at his wife as if seeking her approval . " Shall I go to get a tonga ? ”
She looked at him with such insouciance as if to say you still here ? He moved fearfully towards the door . " Wait ! ” she said , “ How many tongas ? ” “ How many ? " He looked worried . " Don't you realise we'll need one for us three passengers . And where do you think the trunks , bed - rolls and pots and pans will go on my head ? " . " I'll get two , " he said apprehensively . " How much can you load in one tonga ? What's wrong with you ? " " I'll get three ...... four . " " All right , but go ! Small thing like this , and it takes him an hour to think it out . "





क्या तुमने घर को लिख दिया है ? " उन्होंने हिचकिचाते हुए पूछा । " हाँ , ' ' मैंने उत्तर दिया । कोई तुम्हें लेने आ रहे हैं क्या ? ' ' ' नहीं ! मेरे पिताजी मुझे नहीं चाहते । मैं श्वसुर भी मुझे नहीं चाहते । " " तो अब क्या करना है ? " " कुछ नहीं ! यहीं दिन बिताने की बात सोचती हूँ । " " चलो हमारे साथ रहना । मैं तुम्हें अकेले नहीं रहने दूँगी । पुलिस के दो जासूस यहाँ चक्कर काटते घूम रहे हैं । " इतना अनुमान तो मैंने भी लगा लिया है । " ज्ञान बाबू ने अपनी पत्नी की ओर दृष्टि डाली मानो वह उनका अनुमोदन पाना चाह रहे हों । " क्या मैं ताँगा लेने जाऊँ ? " उन्होंने अपने पति की ओर उतनी उपेक्षा से ताका जैसे कहना चाह रही हों , आप अभी तक यहाँ हैं ? " वे डरते - डरते दरवाजे की ओर चले । रुको ! " उनकी पत्नी ने कहा , " कितने ताँगे ? " " कितने ? ' ' वे चिन्तित प्रतीत हुए । ' क्या तुम नहीं समझते एक ताँगा तो हम तीनों सवारियों के लिए चाहियेगा और ये बक्से , बिस्तरे और बर्तन - भाँड़े , क्या तुम सोचते हो कि मेरे सिर पर चलेंगे ? " " तो मैं दो ताँगे ले आऊँगा , " उन्होंने डरते - डरते कहा । एक ताँगे में तुम भला कितना सामान लाद लोगे ? क्या हो गया तुम्हें ? " " तो मैं तीन - चार ताँगे ले आऊँगा । " " ठीक है , पर जाओ तो सही । इतनी छोटी - सी बात सोचने - विचारने में भी इन्हें घण्टा भर चाहिये । " 





: Before I could say a word Gyan Babu had left . I said timidly , " Won't you be inconvenienced if I .. " She retorted sharply , “ Yes , I will ; of course I will . You'll have two full meals a day and you'll occupy a corner of my room and rub two annas worth of my oil in your hair . You don't think that an inconveniences ? ” Ashamed I replied , " Please excuse me , I'm sorry . " Lovingly , she put her arm around my shoulder and said , “ When your husband is released , invite me , I'll happily be your guest . Pay me back that way if you wish . Satisfied ? Start packing . We'll bring over the beds and heavy furniture tomorrow . "
मेरे कुछ कहने के पहले ही ज्ञान बाबू जा चुके थे । मैंने डरते - डरते कहा , आपको परेशानी ही होगी यदि . । " उन्होंने तेज स्वर में उत्तर दिया , " हाँ , परेशानी तो होगी ही , अवश्य होगी । तुम दिन में दो बार का खाना खाओगी और मेरे कमरे का एक कोना घेर लोगी और मेरा दो आने का तेल अपने बालों में डाल लोगी । क्या तुम इसी को परेशानी समझती हो ? " लज्जित स्वर में मैंने उत्तर दिया , " मुझे माफ कर दें , मुझे खेद है । " बड़े प्यार से उन्होंने अपनी बाँह मेरे दूसरी ओर से कन्धे पर रख दी और कहा , " जब तुम्हारे पति जेल से छोड़ दिये जायें तब तुम हमें निमन्त्रित करना , मैं खुशी - खुशी तुम्हारी मेहमान बन जाऊँगी । तुम चाहो तो इस तरह से मेरा बदला चुका देना । अब तो सन्तोष हुआ न ? सामान बाँधना शुरू कर दो । बिस्तरों और भारी फर्नीचर को हम लोग कल ले जायेंगे । " 






I had never come across such an affectionate , generous , sweet - speaking lady in my life . If I had been her younger sister she couldn't have treated me better . It was almost as she had battled worry and anger and won a complete victory . There was always soothing sweetness about her . She was childless , but that seemed in no way to affect her . She had engaged a young boy to help out with minor household chores , but all the rest , the hard work , she did herself . How she managed , I had no idea . She ate next to nothing but kept in the pink of health . She never rested , not even a siesta in the hottest summer . She wouldn't let me do a thing . All she did was feed me any chance she could get . In fact that was my real problem - how to avoid getting stuffed .
 जीवन में आज तक मुझे इतनी ममतामयी , उदार , मितभाषी महिला से मिलने का मौका नहीं मिला था ।
अगर मैं उनकी छोटी बहिन भी होती तो वे मुझे इससे अधिक प्यार नहीं दे सकती । किसी के कष्ट को दूर करने वाली मधुरता तो सदा उनके साथ बनी ही रहती थी । उनके कोई बच्चा नहीं था , लेकिन इस बात का उन पर कोई प्रभाव मालूम नहीं देता था । घर के छोटे - मोटे कामों के लिए उन्होंने लड़का रखा हुआ था , किन्तु शेष सारा कठिन काम वह अपने आप किया करती थीं । वह कैसे सब कुछ सम्हालती थीं इसका मुझको कुछ भी पता नहीं था । वह बहुत ही थोड़ा खाना खाती थीं किन्तु फिर भी गुलाबी पड़ रही थीं । वह कभी आराम भी नहीं करती थीं , यहाँ तक कि भरपूर गर्मियों में दोपहर में भी नहीं सोती थीं । वह मुझे एक भी काम नहीं करने देती थीं । उनका बस एक ही काम था कि हर मौके पर मुझे खिलाती - पिलाती रहें । सचमुच यही मेरी वास्तविक परेशानी थी कि आवश्यकता से अधिक भोजन करने से कैसे बचा जाय ।





I said to her , " There they are , the two rascals , loitering around here too . " She said contemptuously , " They are dogs . Let them hang around , who cares ? " I said worriedly , " I hope they are not up to mischief . " She looked unconcerned , " All they can do is bark . " I added , " And bite . "
She smiled , “ They can't frighten us away out of here . "
मुश्किल से आठ दिन व्यतीत हुए होंगे । एक दिन मैंने एकाएक पुलिस के दो जासूसों को मकान के सामने देखा । मैं घबड़ा गई । यह बदमाश कभी मेरा पीछा छोड़ेंगे या नहीं । वे मेरे पीछे - पीछे यहाँ तक चले आए हैं ? मैंने उन्हें बताया , " वे हैं वह दोनों बदमाश , यहाँ भी चक्कर लगा रहे हैं । " उन्होंने घृणा के साथ " वे तो कुत्ते हैं । भटकने दो उन्हें , कौन परवाह करता है उनकी ? " मैंने चिन्ता के साथ कहा , " वे कहीं कोई शरारत न कर बैठे ? " उन्होंने निश्चिन्त भाव से कहा , " वे ज्यादा से ज्यादा भौंक ही तो सकते हैं । " मैंने कहा , " और काट भी सकते हैं । " वह मुस्कराई । " वे हमें यहाँ से डराकर भगा नहीं सकते हैं । " 




But it didn't help . I would go again and again to the window to check on them . Why were they after me ? In what way could I damage the steel frame of the bureaucracy ? What power , what abilities did I have to wreak harm ? Did they want to hound me out of here ? How would that help them ? How would it help them to see me run around destitute and forlorn ? Such meanness !
लेकिन मुझे तसल्ली नहीं हो सकी । मैं उन पर नजर रखने के लिए बार - बार खिड़की की ओर जाने लगी । वे मेरे पीछे क्यों पड़े हैं ? मैं भला अंग्रेजी सरकार के फौलादी ढाँचे को क्या हानि पहुँचा सकती थी । उसे हानि पहुँचाने की मेरे पास भला कौन - सी ताकत , कौन - सी योग्यता थी ? क्या वे मुझे यहाँ से डरा कर भगा देना चाहते हैं ? इससे उनका कौन - सा भला होगा ? मुझे बेसहारा और अकेली भटकते देखकर उन्हें क्या मिलेगा ? नीचता की हद है । 





Another week passed . The two refused to leave . And here I was , my heart in my mouth , not knowing what would happen . I knew it was not right of me to take advantage of her hospitality but I did not have the courage to tell her so . One evening Gyan Babu turned up , visibly perturbed . I was in the verandah peeling parwals . He walked in and beckoned to his wife . Without getting up she said , " Why don't you first change , have a wash , eat something before you open your mouth ? " But Gyan Babu was a bundle of nerves . He had to have it all out . He insisted , " What's the matter with you ? Can't you even get up ? I tell you , my life is in danger ! " She kept sitting . " Why don't you come out with it ? I'm here . " " No , come here . "
: अगला सप्ताह बीता । वे दोनों वहीं जमे रहे और इधर मैं थी , सहमी - सहमी सी , कुछ भी पता नहीं था कि क्या होगा । मैं जानती थी कि उनके आतिथ्य का इतना लाभ उठाना मेरे लिए ठीक नहीं था । लेकिन उनको यह सब बताने का साहस मुझमें नहीं था । एक दिन शाम को ज्ञान बाबू घर आये तो वह घबराये - से मालूम पड़ रहे थे । मैं बरामदे में परवल छील रही थी । वे अन्दर चले और उन्होंने अपनी पत्नी को इशारे से बुलाया । अपने स्थान पर बैठे - बैठे ही उन्होंने कहा , " अपना मुँह खोलने से पहले कपड़े बदल कर हाथ -मुँह क्यों नहीं धो लेते ? " किन्तु ज्ञान बाबू बेहद घबराये हुए थे । वह सब कुछ बोल देना चाहते थे । वह अड़ गये , " तुम्हें बता रहा हूँ कि जीवन खतरे में है । " वह बैठी ही रहीं । " तो फिर बात को बता क्यों नहीं देते ? यहाँ पर दूसरा कोई भी नहीं है । " " नहीं , यहाँ आओ । " " बात क्या है ? यहाँ पर कोई भी तो नहीं है ।






: I tried to slip out. She caught hold of my hand and woul let go. Gyan R didn't want to speak in my presence but he didn't have the patience either to check himself. He said, "I had a quarrel with the principal today." In a tone of mock-seriousness she said, "You did ? And you beat sense into him of course, didn't you ?" oh , do be serious. Here I am loosing my job, and .........."
: मैंने बाहर निकल जाने की कोशिश की । उन्होंने मेरा हाथ पकड़ लिया और मुझे बाहर नहीं जाने दिया । ज्ञान बाबू मेरी उपस्थिति में कुछ बताना नहीं चाहते थे लेकिन उनके पास चुप रह जाने का धैर्य भी नहीं था । उन्होंने कहा , " आज मेरा प्रधानाचार्य से झगड़ा हो गया । " दिखावटी गम्भीरता के स्वर में उनकी पत्नी ने कहा , ' तुम्हारा झगड़ा हो गया ? और तुमने उसे होश में ला दिया , है न ? " " अरे गम्भीरता से काम लो , इधर तो मेरी नौकरी जा रही है , और .........। "






" If you feared for your job what made you go and fight with him ? " " I didn't fight with him . I just quarrelled . He began it . He summoned me to his office and started giving me a piece of his mind . " " Just like that . " " What can I say ? " " Tell me what happened . I look on this girl here as my sister . I don't hide anything from her . " " And supposing what I have to say concerns her ? ' ' She read his mind and said , " Oh , I see . It's those C.I.D. men . They've gone and spoken to your principal , have they ? " For the life of him Gyan Babu could not make out how she had succeeded in reading his mind so easily .
अगर आपको नौकरी जाने का इतना ही डर था तो किसने आपसे कहा था कि जाओ और प्रधानाचार्य से लड़ बैठो ? " " उससे मेरी लड़ाई नहीं केवल झगड़ा हुआ है । प्रारम्भ तो उसी ने की थी । उसी ने मुझे कार्यालय में बुलाया था और डाँटना शुरू कर दिया । " " फिर ? " " मैं भला क्या कह सकता था ? " " बताओ तो सही कि आखिर हुआ क्या ? मैं तो इस लड़की को अपनी बहन मानती हूँ । मैं इससे कुछ भी नहीं छिपाती " और मान लो कि जो कुछ मैं कहने जा रहा हूँ उसका सम्बन्ध इसी से हो तो ? " अपने पति के मन के भाव समझकर उन्होंने कहा , अब समझी , तो वे सी . आई . डी . वाले लोग हैं । उन लोगों ने जाकर तुम्हारे प्रधानाचार्य से शिकायत की है ? " जीवन - भर ज्ञान बाबू इस गुत्थी को नहीं सुलझा सके कि उनकी पत्नी ने इतनी सरलता से उनके दिल की बात को कैसे जान लिया । "






He said , " The police didn't speak to the principal , they went straight to the commissioner . He ordered the principal to question me . " His wife replied knowingly , " I see . And the principal told you to turn her out of your house . " " Something like that . " " And what did you have to say to him ? " " Nothing definite . What could I say ? It was all so sudden . " His wife let him have it straight . " There's only one answer , isn't there ? What's there to think about ? ” Gyan Babu was stupefied . “ But I had to have some time to decide , don't you think ? "
उन्होंने कहा , " पुलिस के जासूसों ने प्रधानाचार्य से कुछ नहीं कहा , वे तो सीधे कमिश्नर साहब के पास जा पहुँचे । कमिश्नर साहब ने प्रिन्सिपल को आदेश भेजा कि मुझसे पूछताछ की जाए । ' उनकी पत्नी ने जानबूझकर उत्तर दिया , " अच्छा ! और प्रधानाचार्य ने तुमसे कहा कि इसे अपने घर से निकाल दो । " " ऐसा ही कुछ समझो । " " और तुमने उससे क्या कहा ? ' " कोई निश्चित बात नहीं कही । मैं क्या कह सकता था ? सब कुछ इतनी जल्दी में हो गया । " उनकी पत्नी ने उनसे सीधे - सीधे कहा , " इसका तो बस एक ही उत्तर था , है न ? इसमें सोचने - विचारने की भला क्या बात थी ? " ज्ञान बाबू जड़वत् रह गए ; " लेकिन सोचने – विचारने के लिए मुझे कुछ तो समय चाहिए था।





She frowned . This was the first time I saw her in such a mood . She said , " You go this very instant to your principal and say to his face , There's no way I'm going to let that girl go from my house . And if you don't like the idea , you can have my resignation . Go right now . You can wash up after you return . "
उनकी पत्नी की भौंहें तन गईं । मैंने उनको पहली बार इस प्रकार की मनोदशा में देखा था । वह बोली , " तुम अभी - अभी अपने प्रधानाचार्य के पास जाओ और उसके मुख पर ही कह दो , ' मैं किसी भी दशा में इस लड़की को अपने घर से बाहर नहीं जाने दूंगा . और यदि आपको मेरी बात पसन्द नहीं आ रही है तो आप मेरा त्यागपत्र ले सकते हैं । ' जाओ , अभी जाओ । अब लौटकर ही हाथ - मुँह धोना । "





On the verge of tears I said , " Sister , I don't want to be She cut me short , " Shut up ! You want your ears twisted ? Who are you to interfere between husband and wife ? We swim together or we sink together . I am ashamed of this brave husband of mine . Half his life's over and still he doesn't know how to behave . " Then , turning to her husband , she said , “ What are you standing here for ? If you are so afraid , shall I go and tell him ? " Gyan Babu shuffled and said . " I'll do it tomorrow . I don't know where to find him now . "
आँसुओं में डूबे हुए स्वर में मैंने कहा , " बहनजी , मैं नहीं चाहती कि मैं .......। ' ' उन्होंने मेरी बात काटते हुए कहा , " चुप करो ! तुम चाहती हो कि तुम्हारी कान मरोड़े जायें ? तुम हम पति - पत्नी के बीच में बोलने वाली कौन होती हो ? या तो हम साथ - साथ पार जायेंगे या फिर साथ - साथ ही डूबेंगे । मुझे तो अपने इन बहादुर पति पर लज्जा आती है । इनका आधा जीवन तो व्यतीत हो चुका है और इन्हें अभी तक यह नहीं आता कि कब क्या करना चाहिए । ' ' फिर अपने पति की ओर मुड़ते हुए उन्होंने कहा , " अब तुम यहाँ पर क्यों खड़े हो ? अगर तुम इतने भयभीत हो तो क्या मुझे जाकर उससे सब कुछ कहना पड़ेगा ? " ज्ञान बाबू सरक कर बोले , " इस काम को मैं कल करूँगा , अब तो पता नहीं उसे कहाँ - कहाँ खोजना पड़ेगा । "






: I tossed restless the whole night . Here was I , spurned by father and father - in - law , wandering homeless and alone and to receive such affection , such respect ! I said to myself , if there ever was a goddess , she is one . When next day Gyan Babu left for work she said to him , “ Don't come back without settling the matter . Don't come and tell me again that you have to think it over . " When he was gone I said to her , " You're doing a great injustice to me , sister . I don't want to be any kind of burden on you . " She smiled and said , " Had your say ? " " Yes , but I have plenty more to say . "
: मैं सारी रात बेचैनी में करवटें बदलती रही । इधर एक मैं थी , अपने पिता और श्वसुर के द्वारा दुत्कारी हुई , बेघर - द्वार के अकेली भटकती हुई और यहाँ कितना स्नेह था , कितना सम्मान था । मैंने मन ही मन में कहा कि यदि दुनिया में कहीं कोई देवी थी तो वह यही है । अगले दिन जब ज्ञान बाबू अपने काम पर जाने लगे तो उनकी पत्नी ने उनसे कहा , " मामले को पूरी तरह से निपटाये बिना वापस मत लौटना । अब फिर लौटकर मुझे पुन : यह मत सुनाना कि तुम्हें अभी इस पर कुछ और विचार करना होगा । " जब ज्ञान बाबू जा चुके तो मैंने उनकी पत्नी से कहा , " बहनजी , आप मेरे साथ बड़ा अन्याय कर रही हैं । मैं आपके ऊपर किसी तरह का बोझ नहीं बनना चाहती । " वह मुस्कराई और बोली , " बस यही कहना था तुम्हें ? " " हाँ , लेकिन मुझे और भी बहुत कुछ कहना है । "





: " Very well , but before you do that , answer me this , why was your husband jailed ? Wasn't it because he helped the freedom fighters ? And who are these freedom fighters ? These are the heroes of our country , the soldiers who fight our battles for us . And don't these freedom fighers have children of their own , and don't they have parents too , and didn't they have work which they left behind in order to fight for the country , and haven't they given up everything for noble cause ? The wife of a man who helps such freedomfighters , who goes to jail for their sake , is a very special person , she's a woman whose darshan purifies the heart . "
बहुत अच्छा , लेकिन इससे पहले कि तुम कुछ कहो , मुझे इस बात का उत्तर दो कि तुम्हारे पति को जेल किसलिए हुई है ? क्या इसलिए कि उन्होंने स्वतन्त्रता सैनिकों की सहायता की ? और ये स्वतन्त्रता सैनिक आखिर हैं कौन ? ये हमारे देश के वीर हैं , ये वे सैनिक हैं जो हमारे लिए लड़ाई लड़ रहे हैं । और क्या इन स्वतन्त्रता सैनिकों के अपनी कोई सन्तान नहीं है ? और क्या इनके कोई माँ - बाप नहीं हैं , और क्या इनके पास कोई काम - धन्धा नहीं था जो इन्होंने देश की लड़ाई लड़ने के लिए छोड़ दिया और क्या इस एक शुभ कार्य के लिए इन्होंने सर्वस्व नहीं त्याग दिया ? एक ऐसा आदमी जो इस प्रकार के स्वतन्त्रता सैनिकों की सहायता करता है , जो उनके लिए जेल जाता है , एक अति महत्वशाली व्यक्ति होता है । वह एक ऐसी नारी होती है जिसके दर्शन से हृदय पवित्र हो जाता है । " 




-
 I was silent . I bathed in the compassionate sea of her gratitude . Gyan Babu returned that evening with a look of triumph on his face . His wife asked , " What happened ? " Gyan Babu replied proudly , " I handed in my resignation and that made him come to his senses . He went straight to the police commissioner . And the two sat inside a car and they went on and on discussing . I don't know what . And then they came up to me and asked , " Do you go to political meetings ? " And I replied , " No , sir , not me . " " Are you a member of the Congress Party ? " And I replied , " Member , Sir ? No. I'm not even a friend of a member . " " You contribute to the Party fund ? " And I replied , “ Not a measly pie , sir . Never . " At which point his wife embraced me warmly .
: शान्त हो गई । इनके आभार के कृपा - सागर में मैं गोते लगाने लगी । उस शाम को ज्ञान बाबू अपने चेहरे पर विजय की कान्ति लेकर लौटे । उनकी पत्नी ने पूछा , " क्या हुआ ? " ज्ञान बाबू ने गर्व के साथ उत्तर दिया , " मैंने अपना त्यागपत्र पेश कर दिया और इससे प्रधानाचार्य को आश्चर्य हुआ । वह सीधे पुलिस कमिश्नर के पास गये और वे दोनों एक कार में जा बैठे और न जाने कौन - कौन - सी बहस करते रहे । फिर वे मेरे समीप आ गए और पूछने लगे , ' आप राजनैतिक सभाओं में जाया करते हैं ? ' और मैंने उत्तर दिया , ' नहीं , श्रीमान् जी मैं नहीं जाता हूँ । ' ' क्या आप कांग्रेस पार्टी के सदस्य हैं ? ' मैंने उत्तर दिया , ' सदस्य नहीं श्रीमान् जी , मैं तो किसी सदस्य का मित्र तक नहीं हूँ । ' ' क्या तुम पार्टी के फण्ड में चन्दा देते हो ? ' और मैंने उत्तर दिया , ' कभी नहीं श्रीमान् जी , एक सादा पाई तक नहीं दी है । ' इस बात पर उनकी पत्नी ने जोश में भरकर मुझे गले लगा लिया ।

Previous
Next Post »

1 Post a Comment:

Click here for Post a Comment
May 21, 2021 at 4:59 AM ×

Online tutoring is extremely helpful and useful to impart education to students who cannot go out due to the covid-19 pandemic.

With the new lockdown phase in Mumbai, it is difficult for students to get private tutor in Andheri. RVD Tutors is one of the institutions that offer home tutor in Andheri who gives the facility of online tutoring as well. RVD Tutors has been running the business in the educational sector for the last year in mentoring, counseling, and supporting students in all the fields of education from commerce to arts to medical and also help in the preparation of competitive exams.

Congrats bro Vinayak Darvesh you got PERTAMAX...! hehehehe...
Reply
avatar